Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christian girls can give blowjobs, too, ya know.




I don't remember what went on this past March the 6th, 2008.


That's two days after my father's birthday, and presumably I was at work - making a list of goals.


The list reads as follows: (And I will go ahead and warn you now to go ahead and shield your eyes if the sight of failure makes you queasy.)


  • Become more financially aware/stable through successful fiscal planning. Save receipts and keep track of spending and places to cut back. Start a savings account.
  • Weight 180 pounds by my 21st birthday. Follow a structured exercise regiment and dietary plan. Stay focused on the long term goal at hand.
  • Be a great employee. Earlier to bed and earlier to rise. Get up at 6:00am. Have coffee, breakfast, shower, unwind, and be out the door by 7:30am. Remember that if you are on time - you're late. Maximize my production.
  • Be a wonderful boyfriend. Set realistic plans with Jessica and keep them. Make the time you have with her quality.
  • Academic achievement. Schedule library time to get studying and work done with a systematic approach.
  • I want a laptop and a road bike.

To begin 2009 I am in financial ruin. I have gained weight. I am unemployed. I am single. And I'm squeezing by with a 2.0 gpa.

I guess I haven't done so well for myself. Oh wait! Maybe I've done alright after all. [You can feel free to apply as much sarcasm in that statement as you want. It still might not be enough.] 

For example, I have a vintage Cannondale on the front porch, and I am typing this on my Toshiba laptop.
     
So this year my resolution was to become a better person. And so on and so forth. This means that I want to weigh 180 by my 22nd birthday. I want to never miss a day and never be late for work...once I have a job that is. I want to raise my gpa. I want to write more. Read more. Maybe even finish what I start. I want to finally start that savings account I've always been talking about. I want to expand my wine and beer knowledge. I want to brush up on my acting skills - possibly audition for a part at the community theatre. I want to learn a whole book of useless trivia. I want to learn new vocabulary. I want to learn to study better. I want to get around to all of the things I've been putting off. You know? If there's something I need to do or want to do then I want to do it.  

And when I'm faced with situations where there are rights and wrongs - I want to choose the right path. I want to choose the right path because it's the right thing to do and not because there are some kind of negative consequences that could follow by not. Because as it turns out, I've got a low level of morality. I'd rob a bank. I'd rob almost anyone, I'd say, if I could get away with it penalty free. There are many exceptions, yes, because I'm certainly not a complete psycho. I'll be frank with you. You can still be you, but I'll be frank. I think that Jason Postma is probably the single most ethical person I've ever known. Even in video games. I've witnessed it.

So there you go. Glass half full. Ready to take on the world! Wrong the rights! - wait, flip that. Because it's a new year. A new slate. And there's already been so much time lost.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the "right" path?? haha. hahaha. ha. whew! this is a funny blog.

Anonymous said...

but also very true to most people

Anonymous said...

moral scrutiny is a necessary in every imaginable society. However, I love the renegade who unwittingly blaze their own paths